LG Window AC unit troubleshoot questions

Aer conditionat, climatizare, ventilare, aircon, inverter

Moderator: fuji

JoeClark

LG Window AC unit troubleshoot questions

Mesaj necitit de JoeClark »

Hello,

i purchased my LG 22,500 BTU LW2415HR 240V AC/Heat unit in 2015 to cool my livingroom. it replaced a previous Maytag MED24E7E-B 240v unit that lasted 12 years that failed for a bad blower motor.

so the new one has been running for almost 2 years without issue. several months ago i started noticing occasionally while running the blower motor would shut off but the compressor would stay running. finally the blower motor appeared to not run at all, while the compressor still runs.
i took the front off, pulled the controls out for access, i noticed that the blower motor actually turns a little on low fan speed, but when its on high, it actually slows down some. reading online theres lots of reference to the cap going bad, i pulled the cap and took it to a AC repair place, they tested and said the cap is fine. the cap specs....its a dual, 55MF/6MF 370/400VAC part number CBB65A-1

i decided to try a new one just in case so i installed and it was doing the same slow/slower and comp on.
out of curiosity i flipped the cap leads so the blower would get the 55MF and it started up much faster, closer to normal but still slower and made alot of humming so i immediately turned off the unit after maybe 3 seconds on.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
Scrie răspuns